Handling FFL Transfers in Spotswood, NJ
SC Arms is a proud firearms provider in Spotswood, NJ, handling FFL transfers and other services for responsible gun owners. Our shop can help you acquire your firearms license to legally own a handgun, rifle, or shotgun for various uses like hunting, target shooting, and self-defense. We can also help you pick out a perfect addition to your collection and undergo New Jersey’s firearms purchasing or ownership process. If you need to transfer gun ownership, we are well-versed in that process and can help you carry out all steps to ensure you adhere to all laws, rules, and regulations.
How to Apply for a Firearms License in Our Area
New Jersey has strict gun laws, and you must follow them precisely to own any type of firearm legally. SC Arms has you covered with thorough expertise in the state’s processes to acquire a license and purchase or obtain a gun. The following description summarizes how to obtain a firearm in our state:
- Before receiving, purchasing, or otherwise acquiring a firearm in New Jersey, you must obtain a permit to purchase a pistol or Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID Card) for long guns. You also need a valid New Jersey state-issued ID or driver’s license.
- If you don’t have a permit to purchase or a valid FID card, you cannot legally obtain or purchase a firearm. This includes rifles, shotguns, and pistols.
- Contact your local state police barracks or local police department to request a permit to purchase (handgun) or Firearms ID card (shotgun or rifle) if you don’t already have either of these documents. These resources will instruct you on the procedures and direct you to the New Jersey Fars online system.
FFL Transfer Services
Transferring a firearm into your custody requires a background check (New Jersey Nics) for each firearm and a small amount of paperwork. After confirming the firearm has arrived at our shop, you can schedule an appointment to pick it up onsite from a staff member. Transfer costs for any firearm are $50.00 plus a Long gun Nics check of $15.o0, and/or a handgun Nics check of $16.00.
You will need the following information when you come to pick up your firearm:
- Valid New Jersey Firearms ID card.
- Handgun permit if you purchased a handgun.
- New Jersey has a rule dictating one handgun per 30 days. Bring your New Jersey exemption if you purchased multiple handguns.
- Valid government-issued driver’s license or photo ID.
- INS identification and hunting permit (if federal law requires it) if you’re not a United States citizen.
Request an FFL Transfer Now
SC Arms Is Ready to Help
If you need professional guidance on a transfer or the FFL process, SC Arms can help you stay legal in both these matters. Our staff of knowledgeable professionals is ready to keep you legal.